Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Response to The Awakening... (:

          In the Awakening I felt like it was a really good book. I actully enjoyed reading this one rather than the other ones you made us read. It was much better then The Jungle. I feel like Edna just wanted to be free and that what she did was normal? I think that just becasue she wants to be her own person and not fallow the rules of the Creole people. I believe that Edna has a different personality every time. Or I guess evey capter. I wish I would have gotten the point. In the end it was farley odd to me that sh ewas naked while she died. I do know that she couldnt swim and I just find it odd that thats how she died. She wanted to die and Im not realy sure why. She had pretty much everything a normal hunam could want. At first she was sad that Robert wouldnt write her and didnt love her but at the end he expresses his feeling for her and she expresses her feelings for him and I thought they would live happily ever after. This book surprised me when she didnt wanna fallow the rules about the Tuesday thing. I also believe that this was good because she was being her own person and she didn't care what other thought of her. To me I dont think it was neglect to her children I just think that she wasnt how all the other women were in the town. I enjoyed this book only because it had a lot of lessons to be taught and I dont know why everyone doesnt want to read this becasue I thought it was sometihng that everyone should know, kinda like The Jungle. I think the parrot and the mockingbird played a great roll in this book. I gave me a picture in my head of everything that was going on. Overall this was a good book and how she dies is weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment